Participate in CHF's Gifts That Matter Greeting Card Contest!
Looking for a great end-of-school-year project for your Grade 1 – 8 students? Participate in CHF's Greeting Card Contest!
Simply encourage your students to paint or draw communities in developing countries participating in livelihoods activities — such as taking care of livestock or chickens for food and income, or growing a nutrition garden to feed their families — based on the Design Guidelines below.
Then, submit them to CHF before Thursday, June 21, 2007. Winners will be contacted on Monday, June 25, 2007. The winning cards will then be used as the design for e-cards and print cards for CHF's holiday Gifts That Matter campaign.
- Village scene in Ghana, including women making shea butter and families tending crops. Click here for more information.
- Mountain scene in Pakistan, including livestock shelters, cows and goats, plus the children and adults caring for them. Click here for more information.
- Household scene in Zimbabwe, with adults and children caring for chickens and growing sunflowers as chicken feed. Click here for more information.
How the Contest Works
- The Contest will run from Tuesday, May 22 to Thursday, June 21, 2007 and will be judged by a panel of amateurs.
- Decisions will be based on the judges' preferences and how accurately the contestants drawings reflect CHF's work using the Design Guidelines above.
- CHF will feature the 3 winning designs from the contest as e-cards on their annual gift giving website, CHF Gifts that Matter.
- An additional Grand Prize winner selected from all age categories will be used for the Gifts That Matter print card.
- All art work must be original designs.
- All participating schools must have their submissions in by Thursday, June 21, 2007.
- Hard copy submissions must be sent attn: Gifts That Matter Card Contest to firstname.lastname@example.org or Sandra Kiviaho, Manager of Global Education CHF 323 Chapel St. Ottawa, Ontario K1N 7Z2
- Drawings should be full-colour, but can be drawn or painted in any medium.
- Submissions should be between the size of 4" x 6" and 8" x 12" to be eligible.
- Eligible participants include students in Grades 1 – 8. A winner will be chosen from each of Grades 1 – 3, Grades 4 – 6, and Grades 7 – 8.
- CHF will contact the potential winning designers using the school address and contact provided with each submission.
- Once contacted by CHF each potential winning designer must, in order to be declared a winner:
- Demonstrate compliance with all Contest eligibility requirements to the satisfaction of CHF;
- Sign a CHF release form, including confirming compliance with Contest eligibility and rules.
- Winning designs will be posted on CHF's web site during the week of June 25 – 29.
For more information, contact Sandra Kiviaho at email@example.com or (613) 237-0180 ext. 210.
CHF reserves the right to cancel or terminate this Contest at any time without notice, or to amend these Contest terms and conditions and the administration or procedure of this contest in any reasonable manner.